Good morning Year 6!
We hope that you are all well and that you are looking after yourselves and your families.
Each day, we would really encourage you to be finding time to:
* Do something active
* Read for half an hour
* Recite 2 of your times tables – get someone to challenge you to see how fast you can recall them
* Look after the seeds we have sent you to plant - these will be coming out in the post very soon!
* Spellings – revise a different spelling pattern from your homework book each day or find new power words and practise how to spell them
On top of this, we will put a couple of ideas on to the website for you to have a go at. Be creative and if our suggestions inspire you to do something else, feel free to follow your imaginations!
We would love to see what you've been up to and you can send us photos and documents at the following email address:
So, today's tasks....
1) Write a letter to your favourite character in the book you are reading or TV show you are watching. Ask them 3 interesting questions about themselves. Tell them 3 interesting things about you. Think carefully about the features of a letter. Can you challenge yourself to include some trickier punctuation?
2) Go on a bug hunt in your house or garden - there should be plenty of beasties out today because of the damp weather! When you find your bug, be gentle with it!
* Draw your bug in as much detail as possible.
* Re-draw your bug as a superhero – what superpowers will it have?
* Create a cartoon strip story featuring your superhero – who is its arch enemy?! Who will it save?
Don't forget to send us some pictures of your fabulous work!
Look after yourselves, stay safe and have fun!
Mrs Bridger, Mr Hill-Shaw, Mrs Jones, Mr Walker and Mrs Saunders x
Overall School: 96.6%