Good Morning Year 1 children. Welcome to your next week of learning activities.
Read this story and see how many words you can find that have the oa sound in them. Can you put words from your list into new sentences?
Read through the text and then answer the questions.
1. What day is it?
2. Who is at the beach?
3. What two words tell you that the weather at the beach was good?
4. Rohan is collecting shells in a bucket. True or false?
5. Which sentence tells us that the children are enjoying themselves?
Have a look at this fruit pictogram and then answer the questions. The pictogram shows us which fruit the children in a class like best. Remember you only count the pictures to the right of the line so for example, 1 child likes apples best and 2 children like oranges best.
1. How many children like bananas best?
2. Which are more popular apples or pears?
3. How many children like strawberries best?
4. How many more children like strawberries than pineapples?
5. Which fruit is your favourite?
Try to sketch some of the fruit that you have in your house. Just use a normal pencil and think about your lines and how you can use shading to improve your picture. Here are some ideas to help you.
Can you do a fruit a to z? How many fruits can you match to a letter of the alphabet?
Overall School: 96.6%