Here are some ideas of writing activities you can do at home using your speed sounds. Look at the speed sounds charts in 'Pictures and Videos' to challenge yourself to use some new or tricky sounds.
- Write a diary entry of what you are doing each day or each week
- Write a list of your favourite foods
- Write a list of your favourite toys
- Write a short story, use one of your favourite toys as the main character
- Write about what you would like to be when you grow up and why you think you would be good at it?
- Look around your room, write the names of 5 things you can see
- Choose one of your speed sounds, go on a sound hunt and write everything you find that has that sound in its name.
- Can you spot speed sounds anywhere in words around your home? E.g. 'ng' in Samsung
- Practise your handwriting. Choose a sound you need to practise or a new sound and write it ten times. Try to make each sound an extra bit neater!