Making a map of George the giant’s journey in the story.
Places you will need to include:
· The town with the shops where George buys his new clothes and meets the giraffe.
· He walks out of town on the road by the river where he meets the goat in his boat.
· He continues to walk down the road and meets the mice where their home had burnt down.
· Next is the campsite where he meets the fox.
· Then he meets the dog who needs to get across the bog.
· As he walks on towards his home he gets cold and goes back to the shop before travelling all the way home again.
How to keep a giraffe warm
George gives his tie to the giraffe to keep his neck warm but on a really cold day the poor giraffe is still cold! What can he use to keep him warm? Design something for the giraffe to wear in really cold weather. Think about the clothes you wear on a cold day. What material are they made of?
A House for a mouse
George, the kind giant, gives his shoe to the mouse and her family after their house had burnt down. The mouse family are very happy with their new home, but there is a bit of a problem with a shoe as a house. Have a look at the picture. What do you think? What would be the problem in the rain?
Design a roof for the mouse house. It needs to be strong and waterproof so that it does not let the rain in. What could they use?
Overall School: 95%