Welcome to Class 5
I am Mrs Loakes and I will be your teacher in Class 5. I am really looking forward to getting to know each other over the term ahead. Our topic is going to be Rainforests and I am looking forward to sharing with you my stories of my adventures through the Amazon Rainforest when I went travelling. We are going to find out where in the world we find Rainforests and who and what make them their home.
The School Day:
- Children can be dropped off between 8.45 and 9.00am, gates will be locked at 9.00am, pupils arriving after this time will be required to go through the office and will be recorded as late.
- Pick up time will be 3.00pm to 3.15pm. Children left behind after 3.15pm may be asked to join After School Club and a charge will be applied.
- Please continue to follow the one-way system in place to avoid bottlenecks at gates.
- Class 5 children can be dropped off by the lower Oak Tree doors.
- Each day the children need a coat, water bottle and packed lunch if they are not having a school dinner.
- Suitable footwear – every day we will encourage the children to take part in the daily mile or other physical activities, so they need comfortable, safe footwear to do so.
- Slippers can be left in school for children to change into.
- All children need to have wellies and waterproofs in school, to protect their school uniform, to take part in outdoor learning which will be timetabled on a regular basis. We will be doing our outdoor learning every WEDNESDAY.
- All uniform including outdoor clothing needs to be named.
- All pupils need to bring an appropriate PE Kit on their allocated PE days. Class 5 will do Swimming on a Monday and PE on a Tuesday. Please make sure you have the correct kit ready.
- Track suit for outdoor winter games.
- Plain black shorts/cycling shorts or leggings.
- A school Royal Blue short or long sleeved T-shirt which can be purchased via the school website/ uniform shop or a plain blue or white top can be worn.
- Training shoes suitable for outdoor games on the field and playground.
- Swimming costume / trunks and towel - lightweight, long sleeve t shirts and leggings can be worn if necessary, for religious/cultural reasons.
- A PE bag with the school logo is issued to every child when they start school to keep all PE clothes together.
- No football shirts/strips should be worn and clothing should not have large brand names on them.
Reading and Learning at home:
- Children will bring home a reading book daily. Regular reading is one of the best ways to support your child's learning. Not only does it allow them to open up different worlds in their imaginations it also supports their ability to learn across the curriculum. Children can update their own reading diaries but we would also like you to sign to say you have heard them read or you have read together - reading to your child is a great way to spend time together.
- Maths and spelling activities to be shared weekly by Dojo – regular maths and spelling challenges in class will review how this learning is going
- Here are some really useful websites that children can access from home to practise what we are doing in school:
ParentPay can be used to pay school meals and for any other trips / visits that are planned in school.
ParentPay is also used to give permission for activities beyond the daily curriculum offer, including for trips, visitors or other enrichment activities.
If you need any help or support setting up your ParentPay account please contact the team in the office who will be happy to help.
Keeping in touch:
We will continue to use Dojo as a way of keeping in touch. We will share the learning from school and we hope you will share children's experiences at home too.
We will do our best to respond in a timely manner but please bear in mind that during the school day we are focused on teaching and learning with your children, and we do not monitor Dojo throughout the evening.
If you have an urgent request/message, please contact the team in the office.