Good morning Year 5s and 6s – we hope you all had a good weekend despite the rain!
- Read for half an hour and make a note in your reading diary – are you enjoying your book or not? Why?
- Practise 2 of your times tables – choose the ones you’re less confident with. Ask someone in your family to challenge you and see how quickly you can recall these number facts (division as well as multiplication)
- Copy sensible, sensibly, incredible, incredibly, terrible, terribly. Look carefully at the way the words change, then practise these spellings using any of the ways we’ve practised in class. Test yourself!
- Think about the place you would most like to visit when lockdown is finally over. Imagine what your day would be like and write a diary entry about what happens to you.
- Remember to write in past tense as if the day has already happened and to include your thoughts, feelings and emotions. Use of adjectives and adverbs will help the reader imagine what you see and feel.
- Here’s a number challenge for you – can you make square numbers by adding two prime numbers together?
e.g. 2 + 2 = 4
11 + 5 = 16
HINT: Try making 2 lists before you start, of prime numbers and square numbers.
How many can you make?
- Have a good Monday!