Welcome to Class 9
- I am Miss Smallman and I am the teacher in Class 9
- Our topic for this term is Rainforests .
The School Day:
- Children can be dropped off between 8.45 and 9.00am, gates will be locked at 9.00am, pupils arriving after this time will be required to go through the office and will be recorded as late.
- Pick up time will be 3.00pm to 3.15pm. Children left behind after 3.15pm may be asked to join After School Club and a charge will be applied.
- Please continue to follow the one-way system in place to avoid bottlenecks at gates.
- Each day the children need a coat, water bottle and packed lunch if they are not having a school dinner.
- Suitable footwear – every day we will encourage the children to take part in the daily mile or other physical activities, so they need comfortable, safe footwear to do so.
- Slippers can be left in school for children to change into.
- All children need to have wellies and waterproofs in school, to protect their school uniform, to take part in outdoor learning which will be timetabled on a regular basis.
- All uniform including outdoor clothing needs to be named.
- All pupils need to bring an appropriate PE Kit on their allocated PE days. Class 9 will do PE on a Tuesday and and Swimming will be on a Monday .
- Track suit for outdoor winter games.
- Plain black shorts/cycling shorts or leggings.
- A school Royal Blue short or long sleeved T-shirt which can be purchased via the school website/ uniform shop or a plain blue or white top can be worn.
- Training shoes suitable for outdoor games on the field and playground.
- Swimming costume / trunks and towel - lightweight, long sleeve t shirts and leggings can be worn if necessary, for religious/cultural reasons.
- A PE bag with the school logo is issued to every child when they start school to keep all PE clothes together.
- No football shirts/strips should be worn and clothing should not have large brand names on them.
Reading and Learning at home:
- Daily reading – Your child will bring home a reading book and their reading diary daily . I would like the children to read at home daily and record this in their diary . As the children are getting older I understand that they will often read to themselves and record in their diary . I would ask that parents try to listen to their child read or share a book together at least 3 times a week and initial the reading diary .
- Reading diaries will be collected in on a Friday and your child will receive a Dojo for each time they read at home.
- Maths and spelling activities will be shared via Dojo on a Monday . One week there will be Spelling with the alternate week being Maths . Children will be provided with a book to complete activities however they can send in work via Class Dojo . Children will not be expected to bring back their book and share work on Dojo it will be your preferred choice.
- Below you will find links that will help with the children's learning . Some of these websites may require your child to have a login and these will be provided.
ParentPay can be used to pay school meals and for any other trips / visits that are planned in school.
ParentPay is also used to give permission for activities beyond the daily curriculum offer, including for trips, visitors or other enrichment activities.
If you need any help or support setting up your ParentPay account please contact the team in the office who will be happy to help.
Keeping in touch:
We will continue to use Dojo as a way of keeping in touch.
We will do our best to respond in a timely manner but please bear in mind that during the school day we are focused on teaching and learning with your children, and we do not monitor Dojo throughout the evening.
If you have an urgent request/message, please contact the team in the office.
Monday - Maths or Spelling activities set .
Tuesday P.E - Outdoor (weather permitting indoors if not).
Thursday -Forest School
Monday - Swimming
Friday - Reading diary, Maths or Spelling activity to be handed in .