We have been looking in to the Harvest Festival as part of our 'Celebrations' topic.
So far we have:
- Found out why we celebrate Harvest
- Learned the Little Red Hen story off by heart and have been able to write our own wonderful versions! This story is all about a Little Red Hen who grows corn that is then baked in to bread.
- We have learned a range of songs and performed these in front of the whole school!
- We have written a thank you letter to the Kip Project who take our food donations from school to help the homeless community of Wellington.
- We have visited the Morris Care Home and performed our wonderful songs to the redsidents.
- We have even baked our own bread in class and enjoyed eating this with some jam and honey, yum!