Welcome to Class 14:
- Mrs Jones and Mrs Powis are your teachers in Class 14. We are very excited that you are joining Year 2 and know we are going to have an excellent year. We can't wait to meet you all and hope that you find the following pieces of information helpful.
- Our Autumn Term topic is all about Celebrations! We will be looking at how we celebrate, all the different kinds of celebrations and why they are important. This will include, Birthday parties, Harvest Festival, Diwali, Bonfire Night, Christmas and Eid! I hope you can join us as we find out lots on our learning journey.
The School Day:
- Children can be dropped off between 8.45 and 9.00am, gates will be locked at 9.00am, pupils arriving after this time will be required to go through the office and will be recorded as late.
- Pick up time will be 3.00pm to 3.15pm. Children left behind after 3.15pm may be asked to join After School Club and a charge will be applied.
- Please continue to follow the one-way system in place to avoid bottlenecks at gates.
- Each day the children need a coat, water bottle and packed lunch if they are not having a school dinner.
- Suitable footwear – every day we will encourage the children to take part in the daily mile or other physical activities, so they need comfortable, safe footwear to do so.
- Slippers can be left in school for children to change into.
- All children need to have Wellies and waterproofs in school, to protect their school uniform, to take part in outdoor learning which will be timetabled on a regular basis.
- All uniform including outdoor clothing needs to be named.
- All pupils need to bring an appropriate PE Kit on their allocated PE days. Class 14 will do PE on a Monday.
- Track suit for outdoor winter games.
- Plain black shorts/cycling shorts or leggings.
- A school Royal Blue short or long sleeved T-shirt which can be purchased via the school website/ uniform shop or a plain blue or white top can be worn.
- Training shoes suitable for outdoor games on the field and playground.
- A PE bag with the school logo is issued to every child when they start school to keep all PE clothes together.
- No football shirts/strips should be worn and clothing should not have large brand names on them.
Reading and Learning at home:
- We will be looking for you to be reading with your children at least 3 times a week and where possible completing the boxes in their reading diary. Your child will bring home a Read Write Inc book suitable to their level, the same as the one they will be reading in class. This should allow them to share ideas more easily with you. Your child can also read a wider range of texts that are appropriate or enjoyable at home. As well as listening to your child read, we would really like for you to read to them as part of their reading development. We are really looking to push our reading efforts again this year and look forward to rewarding superstar readers with Dojo points and other rewards.
- Maths and spelling activities to be shared weekly by Dojo – regular maths and spelling challenges in class will review how this learning is going
- Please find the links below to TT Rockstars / Oxford Owl / BBC Bitesize
ParentPay can be used to pay school meals and for any other trips / visits that are planned in school.
ParentPay is also used to give permission for activities beyond the daily curriculum offer, including for trips, visitors or other enrichment activities.
If you need any help or support setting up your ParentPay account please contact the team in the office who will be happy to help.
Keeping in touch:
We will continue to use Dojo as a way of keeping in touch.
We will do our best to respond in a timely manner but please bear in mind that during the school day we are focused on teaching and learning with your children, and we do not monitor Dojo throughout the evening.
If you have an urgent request/message, please contact the team in the office.