Welcome to Class 12
- Mrs Kirby-Murray and Mrs Collingwood will be your teachers this year. Mrs Kirby-Murray teaches Monday - Friday, and Mrs Collingwood will be with you on a Friday.
- This term, our topic is In the Shadow of The Wrekin, learning all about how Wellington has developed and grown since the Cornovii era to present day.
The School Day:
- Children can be dropped off between 8.45 and 9.00am - gates will be locked at 9.00am. Pupils arriving after this time will be required to go through the office and will be recorded as late.
- Pick up time will be 3.00pm to 3.15pm. Children left behind after 3.15pm may be asked to join After School Club and a charge will be applied.
- Please continue to follow the one-way system in place to avoid bottlenecks at gates.
- Each day, the children need a coat, water bottle and packed lunch if they are not having a school dinner.
- Suitable footwear – every day we will encourage the children to take part in the daily mile or other physical activities, so they need comfortable, safe footwear to do so.
- Slippers can be left in school for children to change into.
- All children need to have wellies and waterproofs in school, to protect their school uniform, to take part in outdoor learning which will happen every Tuesday.
- All uniform, including outdoor clothing, needs to be named.
- All pupils need to bring an appropriate PE Kit on their allocated PE days. Class 12 will do Swimming on Monday and PE on a Friday.
- Track suit for outdoor winter games.
- Plain black shorts/cycling shorts or leggings.
- A school royal blue short or long sleeved T-shirt which can be purchased via the school website/ uniform shop or a plain blue or white top can be worn.
- Training shoes suitable for outdoor games on the field and playground.
- Swimming costume / trunks and towel - lightweight, long sleeve t shirts and leggings can be worn if necessary, for religious/cultural reasons.
- A PE bag with the school logo is issued to every child when they start school to keep all PE clothes together.
- No football shirts/strips should be worn and clothing should not have large brand names on them.
Reading and Learning at home:
- Daily reading – children will bring their reading books and diaries home with them each evening and these should come back into school with them each morning. We would strongly encourage children to be reading a little each day - our minimum expectation is at least 3 times a week. As we are in Year 5, children are able to write in their own diaries, but these entries need to be signed off by an adult at home. Children will earn a dojo for each signed entry they have from home.
- Maths and spelling activities will be shared weekly by Dojo, and regular maths and spelling challenges in class will help us review how this learning is going. Children do not have to bring anything into school, but they can take photos and submit them on their Dojo portfolio if they wish. Homework can also be found using the link at the bottom of this page.
- Below are some useful website which will help you to support your child at home:
ParentPay must be used to pay for school meals and for any other trips / visits that are planned in school.
ParentPay is also used to give permission for activities beyond the daily curriculum offer, including for trips, visitors or other enrichment activities.
If you need any help or support setting up your ParentPay account, please contact the team in the office who will be more than happy to help.
Keeping in touch:
We will continue to use Dojo as a way of keeping in touch.
We will do our best to respond in a timely manner, but please bear in mind that during the school day we are focused on teaching and learning with your children, and we do not monitor Dojo throughout the evening.
If you have an urgent request/message, please contact the team in the office.