Welcome to Class 1:
- My name is Miss Charman.
- This term we will be following the adventures of Percy the park keeper and his woodland friends. Percy is the main character of stories written by Nick Butterworth. The stories follow the adventures of Percy and his friends throughout the seasons and include titles such as ‘The Lost Acorn’. The stories link well with our own visits to Squirrel School where the children will explore their natural surroundings and the changes in nature as we pass through the seasons. This inspires and informs our curriculum planning across the school term, as as well as following the children’s interests.
- The School Day:
- Children can be dropped off between 8.45 and 9.00am, gates will be locked at 9.00am, pupils arriving after this time will be required to go through the office and will be recorded as late.
- Pick up time will be 3.00pm to 3.15pm. Children left behind after 3.15pm may be asked to join After School Club and a charge will be applied.
- Please continue to follow the one-way system in place to avoid bottlenecks at gates.
- Each day the children need a coat, water bottle and packed lunch if they are not having a school dinner.
- Suitable footwear – every day we will encourage the children to take part in physical activities, so they need comfortable, safe footwear to do so.
- Slippers can be left in school for children to change into.
- All children need to have wellies and waterproofs in school, to protect their school uniform, to take part in outdoor learning which will be timetabled on a regular basis.
- All uniform including outdoor clothing needs to be named.
- If your child is absent from school, please inform the school office.
- well as following the children’s interests.
- All pupils need an appropriate PE Kit on their allocated PE days. Class 1 will do PE on a Wednesday.
- Plain black shorts/cycling shorts or joggers.
- A school Royal Blue short or long sleeved T-shirt which can be purchased via the school website/ uniform shop or a plain blue or white top can be worn.
- Training shoes suitable for outdoor games on the field and playground.
- A PE bag with the school logo is issued to every child when they start school to keep all PE clothes together. These can be kept in school and will be send home at the end of each half term for washing.
- No football shirts/strips should be worn and clothing should not have large brand names on them.
Reading and Learning at home:
Don’t forget that our local library offers free membership and is a great place to visit.
ParentPay can be used to pay school meals and for any other trips / visits that are planned in school.
ParentPay is also used to give permission for activities beyond the daily curriculum offer, including for trips, visitors or other enrichment activities.
If you need any help or support setting up your ParentPay account please contact the team in the office who will be happy to help.
Keeping in touch:
We will continue to use Dojo as a way of keeping in touch.
We will do our best to respond in a timely manner but please bear in mind that during the school day we are focused on teaching and learning with your children, and we do not monitor Dojo throughout the evening.
If you have an urgent request/message, please contact the team in the office.
Please click on the link below to view our topic web.